Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blog rant

LC1 has chastised me for my posting, but, I'm sorry, when I see misinformation and rude comments, I can't help it. I've got one thing to add to what I wrote, unless my post doesn't make it to Kent Monte's blog, which, mine usually don't because I'm not just spreading foul thoughts and misinformation. (note-3/20/08--just to keep the record straight, Kent did allow my posting to be published---I feel so special). Whoever made the crack on there about AFSCME being a union for lazy folks is full of @#$!. Make all the smart comments you want, but, like I said, who do you think is dealing with all the beautiful potholes in our fair city. Who picks up your smelly garbage, plows the snow? Who works in the Correctional Institutions to watch the people convicted of crime--having crap thrown at them,etc? Who cleaned up Oshkosh after the wind storm in 2001. Who helped in the recovery and clean up after 9/11, who ran the last ferry to help folks get out of New Orleans during the hurricane? It was AFSCME members. Don't call us lazy damn it!

(LC1 editing here--

Watch this colorful language video on YouTube for more information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mw49mk_x0

You got that a$%*(^#? )

In addition to that, AFSCME probably represents more employees in Winnebago County then the UAW (oh shudder). If you add the state employees here to the city/county group, we're a pretty formidible number. AFSCME is one of the only unions in the country that has grown over the past decade because we work hard at organizing.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

---LC2