Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oshkosh is gonna be jumping on Friday

Wow, Oshkosh must be living right. On Friday we will be graced with two Presidential candidates. That should drive local law enforcement crazy. John McCain will be appearing at EAA and possibly Oshkosh Corp (they recently dropped the "truck" part). Wonder how the UAW folks there feel about that visit. Whoopee! Although UAW isn't endorsing until after the primaries. Smart move in a way.

Even more exciting is that Barack Obama is going to be on the UW Oshkosh campus in the afternoon. I've had a gut feeling since last week that we'd be seeing him in town. I probably won't attend,I'll either be at the SEPAC meeting, or home dealing with this @#$! cold that I came down with yesterday. Even if I was here and healthy, I probably wouldn't go. I've seen Obama twice, ALA and also at the AFSCME convention in 2006. Saw both Hillary and Obama there. I would love to just people watch folks going in and coming out, the campus kids are going to be so pumped for this! I've asked someone who is going to give a full report, she's already pumped for it. The other reason I wouldn't go is the fact that I voted yesterday. It's a done deal. Since I'll be working at the polls on Tuesday, I usually vote after our training session. The City Clerk is expecting pretty good crowds. We'll see.

Needless to say, LC1's discussion on shooting the bull with Caroline Kennedy a few years ago did indeed influence my decision. Hey, she's only a month younger than me! Another rockin' 50 year old!

--LC2